The placement of cabinet pulls, also known as cabinet handles or knobs, can vary based on personal preference and the style of the cabinets. However, there are some general guidelines you can follow:
- Horizontal Placement (for Handles):
- For upper cabinets: Install the handle or pull at the bottom corner of the door.
- For lower cabinets: Install the handle or pull at the top corner of the door.
- Vertical Placement (for Handles):
- Center the handle or pull vertically on the door or drawer.
- Placement for Knobs:
- For knobs on cabinet doors, they are often placed in the center of the door.
- For drawer knobs, they are usually centered on the face of the drawer.
- Maintain a consistent placement throughout the room or space for a cohesive look.
- Consider Ergonomics:
- Install the pulls at a height and distance that feels comfortable to use. The standard is often to place them between 2.5 to 4 inches from the edge of the cabinet door.
- Adjust the placement based on the size of the cabinet and the overall design. In some cases, people may choose to place pulls closer to the corner or center depending on the aesthetic they want to achieve.
It’s important to note that these are general guidelines, and personal preference and the specific design of your cabinets can influence the placement. Before drilling any holes, it’s a good idea to use templates or make temporary marks to ensure you’re satisfied with the placement visually and ergonomically.